Friday 20 November 2009

[Week IX] - CHAPTER 13

Families spend millions of rupiah for holidays. I had the opportunity to go abroad for vacations to countries like Singapore and Australia. Funny enough, the holiday that I always had a love for is right in the island of Java, Jogjakarta. This is a trip that does not cost as much as others, a less than two hours flight from my hometown.

It was one of the few moments where I get to truly appreciate the greatness of my country’s own beauty. Going to Borobudur at 04.00 AM in the morning was quite tiring, however to see numerous Buddhist statues and the sunrise and the amazing structure gave me a great feeling. At that Borobudur really touched my heart and I could not agree more of it being one of the seven wonders in the world.

Seeing the Keratons, tasting traditional Javanese foods and learning the history buildings has been a great time for me. People often forget that a great vacation can be right close to where they live. Going to Jogjakarta has really been an eye-opening adventure for me and I long to go there and explore more about my country

No comments: